Questions? We’ve got the answers!
Browse our site…particularly reversal cost, success rates and the various blog posts. Then arrange for a free consultation for additional information by using the contact form or by calling our office. Dr. McHugh will give you a call an afternoon that suits you.
Let us know how we can help!
- It all starts with the decision to begin the journey that is a vasectomy reversal.
- The procedure is not covered by insurance.
- Success can’t be guaranteed.
- Once the procedure is performed, it takes the testicles about three months to begin producing sperm again.
- If pregnancy occurs, it is usually six to eighteen months after the procedure.
- A lot of things have to come in to place and in many ways a pregnancy is “miracle.”
Many times I have said to the vasectomy reversal couple that you have to begin with the procedure to start the clock. Then live your life… as this is a “patient journey.”
Is a reversal like having had a vasectomy? No, a vasectomy takes about 15 minutes and a reversal usually around two hours.
If I was very fertile before my vasectomy, will I have better results with a reversal? No, however it won’t hurt. Often times the success rates are related to the interval between the vasectomy and the reversal. I.e.- a vasectomy done two years ago has better odds than one done five years ago. (As a rule-sometimes other factors can play a role such as the experience of the surgeon and having a sperm granuloma.)
Is it covered by insurance? No, most reversal urologists will off a price package that will cover everything from the facility, staff, supplies, anesthesia and surgeon fees. At Northeast Georgia Urological Associates, we own the surgery center and this dramatically allows our pricing to be more competitive than most. (The facility fee such as having to pay a hospital for surgery time, is usually the biggest portion of the cost.)
Further questions, email us with the form below. A phone consultation is free for vasectomy reversals. Dr. McHugh does them most every day between five and six.
Is Stevie saying, “SNIPPED?”