No Scalpel Vasectomy Quick Facts
Here is a helpful collection of interesting facts and points of information about vasectomy:
- Each year, between 500,000 and 600,000 men select vasectomy as the permanent birth control method of choice in their family.
- Vasectomy is considered nearly 100 percent effective, safe, and does not interfere with sexual pleasure.
- The No-Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV) procedure was developed in the early 1970s in China by Dr. Li Shunqiang.
- During the past few decades, over 15 million vasectomies have been performed around the world using the NSV technique.
- No-scalpel vasectomy can be completed in about 15 – 20 minutes.
- A vasectomy does not reduce a manís sexual drive, virility or his ability to have or enjoy sex.
- About 85 percent of health care insurance programs include coverage for the vasectomy procedure, so there may be little or no cost to you.
- Most vasectomy procedures are performed by urologists; medical doctors who are specialists in the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs.
- Sterilization for a man (vasectomy) is significantly less expensive than for a woman (tubal ligation), which may be as much as five times more costly. Learn more about vasectomy costs.
- Many vasectomy procedures are performed on Thursdays or Fridays to allow for a weekend vasectomy recovery time – before returning to work the following week.
Dr. McHugh is one of Georgia’s most experienced urologists performing vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Offering affordable and targeted anesthesia that matches your level of anxiety.
I had a great experience getting my reversal done here. The whole team was great and worked with me to make me feel as comfortable as possible. Dr. McHugh is very personable and is one of the most experienced doctors in the area so it was an easy choice. I would recommend to anyone who wants a vasectomy or reversal done.
Dr. McHugh and his team were great, any questions that may be brought up he had an answer to. I would recommend Dr. McHugh to everyone.
Dr. John McHugh and staff were so friendly and made the whole process super simple and smooth. I will be recommending all of my friends interested in a vasectomy to come straight to him and his team. Don’t hesitate to call them first
I highly recommend Dr McHugh for a vasectomy. He explained the whole procedure throughly and made me feel as comfortable as possible.
Hands down the best 😃
Excellent Doctor and Staff! Office is orderly and efficient. The nursing care and surgical services are top notch!
Fantastic experience. The staff are friendly friendly and professional. Dr. McHugh walks you through the entire process step by step and his staff did a wonderful job of making sure I was informed about insurance and the procedure along the way. The operation itself was painless and quick. I can't recommend Dr. McHugh enough!
The procedure was quick and the anesthesia was perfectly executed. The best part of the procedure is that they let me pick one of my favorite bands to play over the speakers while drifting off.
Dr. McHugh and his team were very professional, efficient, friendly, and they made the procedure as comfortable as possible. I’d highly recommend going here for your procedure!