No Scalpel Vasectomy Quick Facts
Here is a helpful collection of interesting facts and points of information about vasectomy:
- Each year, between 500,000 and 600,000 men select vasectomy as the permanent birth control method of choice in their family.
- Vasectomy is considered nearly 100 percent effective, safe, and does not interfere with sexual pleasure.
- The No-Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV) procedure was developed in the early 1970s in China by Dr. Li Shunqiang.
- During the past few decades, over 15 million vasectomies have been performed around the world using the NSV technique.
- No-scalpel vasectomy can be completed in about 15 – 20 minutes.
- A vasectomy does not reduce a manís sexual drive, virility or his ability to have or enjoy sex.
- About 85 percent of health care insurance programs include coverage for the vasectomy procedure, so there may be little or no cost to you.
- Most vasectomy procedures are performed by urologists; medical doctors who are specialists in the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs.
- Sterilization for a man (vasectomy) is significantly less expensive than for a woman (tubal ligation), which may be as much as five times more costly. Learn more about vasectomy costs.
- Many vasectomy procedures are performed on Thursdays or Fridays to allow for a weekend vasectomy recovery time – before returning to work the following week.
Dr. McHugh is one of Georgia’s most experienced urologists performing vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Offering affordable and targeted anesthesia that matches your level of anxiety.
As someone who battles anxiety (especially around medical stuff), the idea of a vasectomy was unpleasant to say the least. At my initial consult, Dr. McHugh addressed my anxiety immediately and reassured me with a very clear picture of what to expect as well as options to ease my nerves on the day of the procedure. I ended up electing to receive nitrous (laughing gas) in addition to some anxiety medication to take prior to arriving. From the moment I walked in the door on the day of, the staff were beyond friendly, caring, and efficient. They even let me select music to listen to during the procedure. It was evident that Dr. McHugh and his staff genuinely cared about me and making the procedure as comfortable as possible according to my specific needs. It could not have been a better experience!
Great experience with Dr.McHugh and staff perfectly orchestrated from initial consultation to procedure. Highly recommend.
Staff and procedure went effortless
The Energy Hero
The best doctor for vasectomy in the business! Dr McHugh and his team made this process comfortable from start to finish. They are very caring and professional. I would highly recommend this office when you decide to get the snip snip.
Great experience from beginning to end.
Amazing and professional staff. They provided a lot of information regarding the procedure and recovery. No surprises beforehand or afterwards. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a vasectomy.
Simply amazing, very professional ,friendly and sincere.The procedure was painless and very fast.Thank you for an awesome experience.
Would definitely recommend to anyone needing a vasectomy or vasectomy reversal. Dr. McHugh and his staff are very professional and take the utmost care of their patients. After my surgery I was contacted twice by Dr. McHugh’s office just checking in on me. I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to have more children, and I look forward to sharing pictures of a successful vasectomy reversal.
My experience was great, every step was quick and easy. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, made the process much smoother. I would definitely recommend anyone considering a vasectomy to chose to go here.
I give the whole experience a 10/10. Everything from start to finish was excellent, and the whole staff is comforting. I wouldn't recommend anyone else other than Dr. McHugh and his team.