From Family Practice Notebook
Risk factors: Regretting Vasectomy
- Age under 30 years (12.5 times more likely to request vasectomy reversal)
- Few children (but men with no children are less likely to request reversal)
- Relationship not stable
- Religious affiliation prohibiting vasectomy
- Pressure from partner to have procedure
- vasectomy performed during time of personal crisis
- Lack of discussion with partner regarding vasectomy
- Hope vasectomy will solve sexual and marital problems
- High interest regarding reversibility issues
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Sperm banking
In my experience the male does not regret having a vasectomy-he wants to have it reversed because something has changed in his life.
The most common reason for a reversal is divorce and remarrying a younger female with no children. The second most common reason is that a couple with children desire more.