Yes you should! The sperm doesn’t always score.
- Yes if you have a vasectomy and decide to reverse it within 5 years you have a very good chance of having a successful pregnancy.
- The longer the time between the vasectomy and the reversal the lower the rate of patency (the presence of sperm in the ejaculate) and the subsequent rate of pregnancy.
- If you have doubts about a vasectomy, don’t have one.
- Banking sperm before the vasectomy if you want fall back plan for the future is probably a better idea than depending on a reversal.
- Remember that with a reversal you have to have a suitable number of sperm and you still have to overcome all the impediments to achieving pregnancy that any normal couple would have.
When considering a vasectomy you should take the “long view” before proceeding.